The author has been described by News Ltd as an "iconoclast", "Svengali", a pollie's "economist muse", and "pungently accurate". Fairfax says he is a "Renaissance man" and "one of Australia’s most respected analysts." Stephen Koukoulas concludes that he is "85% right", and "would make a great Opposition leader." Terry McCrann claims the author thinks "‘nuance’ is a trendy village in the south of France", but can be "scintillating" when he thinks "clearly". The ACTU reckons he’s "an enigma wrapped in a Bloomberg terminal, wrapped in some apparently well-honed abs."

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Signing off for my Summer Break (sort of...)

Okay, I am sort of signing off for the Summer holidays. I am formally taking a break from Christmas Eve through to mid January, and will be surfing overseas for much of that time. But regular readers will know that I am a bit manic. I write when I want to write, and, subject to certain limitations that have been imposed upon me by our shareholders, I write what I want to write about (banks are normally off limits, as you might have noticed of late)! Last time I went on holidays, I was a little prolific and ended up penning a note about a (positive) run-in I had had with the internal spy agency, ASIO. So I cannot promise that I will remain silent! If you want to follow me on twitter, you can do so @cjoye (it is a locked account, so there are no guarantees that I will accept you!). Anyways, thanks to everybody that takes the time to read my stuff regularly (60% of my traffic is repeat readers). I appreciate it. Since this is not my day job, I am not always able to invest a lot of effort into the missives posted here. And I cannot always get the time to post everything that tickles my fancy. Notwithstanding these constraints, I hope you have found the content interesting and informative. By the way, if anyone has any good political, economic, and/or intelligence reading materials (books particularly), please email me your suggestions at joyechristopher AT gmail DOT com. Be good, Chris