The author has been described by News Ltd as an "iconoclast", "Svengali", a pollie's "economist muse", and "pungently accurate". Fairfax says he is a "Renaissance man" and "one of Australia’s most respected analysts." Stephen Koukoulas concludes that he is "85% right", and "would make a great Opposition leader." Terry McCrann claims the author thinks "‘nuance’ is a trendy village in the south of France", but can be "scintillating" when he thinks "clearly". The ACTU reckons he’s "an enigma wrapped in a Bloomberg terminal, wrapped in some apparently well-honed abs."

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Australian's "Strewth" column quotes my tweet

After a day in which I received much kind love from my News Limited comrades, Alan Kohler and Adam Creighton, over my widely-read AFR column on the equity risk premium (they both liked it), I also managed to get quoted in The Australian's Strewth. Them the breaks when you unlock your twitter account for 24hrs. And I guess it was more positive than the sometimes withering attacks I've had from pal Nick Cater, who compiles Cut and Paste. I did enjoy the word association with humility, which is a trait that is often imputed to me:

Anti-wall movement: HUMBLE gratitude in action with economist and The Australian Financial Review columnist Christopher Joye, who yesterday tweeted, "For those who don't know, my content is currently being allowed to survive outside the AFR's benefit-wall." We always thought of it as a paywall, but benefit wall sounds friendlier.